Why are there so many songs on the radio lately that say “fuck skinny bitches?”
What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
Dr. E. Obiri Addo (via ourafrica)
So many straight people don’t even think bisexuality is real lmao but more awareness isn’t necessary? 😴
a…uterus….transplant….just all the possibilities gives me 😍😍❤️👏✨🙌
a person in Sweden just had a baby from a donated uterus from a deceased person ???? do yall not know what this mean LIKE ???????? I’m so ecstatic
I guess by “unusual name,” they mean “not white sounding.”
"Exotic moniker" ok but who’s the celebrity that named their kid moxy crimefighter? And private inspektor? Nicholas cage named his kid Kal-El. So…
|why is "hate breeds more hate" a bad thing to say?|
Oh so many reasons.
1) it equates the anger of the oppressed to the hate of their oppressors.
2) it blames oppressed groups for their oppression. Bigotry doesn’t exist because people hate bigots. It exists because oppressed people oppose it. It exists because of bigots and because of privileged folks being complicit or tacitly condoning systems of oppression.
3) it’s fundamentally untrue. Hatred of oppression doesn’t lead to more hatred; it leads to progress.
4) it is used to attack any attempt by oppressed people to obtain liberation. Point out that something or someone is repulsively racist and all of a sudden you’re “breeding more hate”.
It’s a fundamental misrepresentation of reality that blames victims and excuses fucked up behavior.
you know, i was mercutio in my middle school’s romeo and juliet, so some of you can go to bed with a smile tonight because at least one production existed where mercutio was a pakistani lesbian
The oppression of Muslim women does NOT lie within the religion or the culture. It lies within patriarchy and its an issue of men oppressing women. Men are the perpetrators of the oppression of women in the middle east, not religion.
It’s amazing that people will see a kid yelled at or manhandled by a parent and say “It’s not my business, you can’t tell someone how to raise their kid” but if someone lets their son wear a dress it’s a public discussion.
THIS IS VERY RELEVANT
You can never label yourself as “one of the good ones” you gotta be constantly calling yourself out and checking yourself and if you can call out others. We all have internalized shit we gotta combat every second. Just gotta deal with that. Re: racism, misogyny, transmisogny, transphobia, etc. We all have something to work on!